Below are the instructions for generating a permanent node-locked license with the Licensing Wizard. A node-locked license is one that is locked to a single computer (via the network card) or USB dongle.
Note: You must be connected to the internet to generate the license. If you are not connected to the internet, please refer to the knowledge base article: How do I request a license file when my computer with Geomagic installed is not connected to the internet?
1) After installing Geomagic, double-click on the Geomagic icon to launch the software. If the application does not locate a license file, a popup message will appear. Click Run License Tool.
2) The License Wizard will appear.
3) Select the License File icon on the left.
4) Select which device the license will be locked to.
Network Card: Locked to a single computer.
USB Dongle (if applicable): Locked to the USB dongle and the license can be used on any computer that the dongle is plugged into.
5) A License Request form will appear.
Enter the following required information. The rest of the fields are optional.
Entitlement number: What is an Entitlement Number and where can I find it?
Host ID (select from drop-down list): What is a Host ID and how do I find it?
Email address: Must match the purchaser's email address
6) Click Submit Via Internet to request the license from Geomagic's server. After a few seconds you should see Success! message indicating that your information was successfully received.
7) Click Done to access the Geomagic product.
For a more detailed step-by-step description on how to license your Geomagic product, please see our Geomagic Licensing User Guide Version 12.
Please refer to these related knowledge base entries: