These steps apply to customers who were manually emailed their dongle licenses from Geomagic Technical Support or from the Geomagic License Center.
Please follow these steps to use your copy of Geomagic.
1) Copy your geowatch.dat license file from the Geomagic License Center email and save it to the following directory:
Windows 7 / Vista: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Geomagic\Geomagic Product* (* Studio or Qualify)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Geomagic\Geomagic Product* (* Studio or Qualify)
2) Install the dongle drivers found in the following directory: ***Make sure that the dongle is not plugged in.***
Version 12/2012: C:\Program Files\Geomagic\Geomagic Product**\USB_Dongle\Win7Vista
Version 12/2012: C:\Program Files\Geomagic\Geomagic Product**\USB_Dongle\XP
3) Reboot the computer.
4) Plug in the USB dongle to an active port and double-click the Geomagic Studio/Qualify icon to launch the application.
5) Double-click on the Geomagic desktop icon to launch the application.
6) Click Run License Tool.
7) The Licensing Wizard will appear.
8) Click the Existing License File (single machine use only) button (see picture above). A browsing window will appear.
9) Browse to the license file. Click Open and then a Success! screen should appear.
* If needed, please refer to the related knowledge base entry: Where can I find general instructions for Installation and Licensing?