Please refer to the related knowledge base entry: How do I transfer my Geomagic license to a new computer (i.e. host transfer)?.
Please Note: A fee may be incurred for licenses without a maintenance subscription.
Check if the ethernet / wireless adapter is enabled in the Device Manager under Network Adapters. Please refer to the related knowledge base entry: My laptop license has stopped working. What could be the cause?
1) Make sure the dongle is plugged in and the light is on.
2) If the license was previously locked to a network card and needs to be transfered to the newly purchased dongle, please request a Host Transfer How do I transfer my Geomagic license to a new computer (i.e. host transfer)? .
3) With the dongle plugged in, check the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers to make sure that the Dongle Drivers are properly installed. Look for Aladdin HASP Key.
4) Please also refer to - How do I resolve the error "Invalid Host ID" with my USB dongle? It works on other machines.
5) Open the geowatch.dat license file with NotePad**and look to make sure the FLEX-ID listed in the geowatch.dat matches the FLEX-ID printed on the dongle. If you need help locating the license file see Where is the default location of the node-locked geowatch.dat license file?
Geomagic STRONGLY RECOMMENDS only openning in Windows Notepad and NOT Wordpad. Otherwise, it will change the carriage returns in the file and render it useless. Make a copy of the file BEFORE opening the file.
If problems persist, please submit a ticket to Geomagic Technical Support.