This is usually necessary when running more then one FLex server on the same computer. Whenever there is an error of a port conflict, the geowatch.dat license file needs to be edited.
Geomagic STRONGLY RECOMMENDS only opening in Windows Notepad and NOT Wordpad. Otherwise, it will change the carriage returns in the file and render it useless. Make a copy of the file BEFORE opening the file.
If there is a port conflict, change the line that looks like this:
SERVER name host id 27000
SERVER name host id 27005
Use any number from 27000 - 27009.
The complete steps to follow:
1) Make a copy of the geowatch.dat license file (in case something goes wrong).
2) Open geowatch.dat in an ascii text editor (like notepad).
3) Edit the port number on the line SERVER name host id 27000, to something between 27000 and 27009.
4) Save the modified geowatch.dat file. (watch file extensions!)
5) Force the server to Reread the newly modified license in LMtools under the Stop/Start/Reread tab.